CLIENT: FIFE Capital
This 5-storey late-Victorian warehouse, built in 1890, is listed on the QLD Heritage Register. The original construction of substantial structural timbers, external brickwork and a central dividing wall, has survived fires, numerous demolitions, reconfigurations and fit-outs over its life.
Following recent acquisition, FIFE desired to modify and refurbish the building back to its original state for leasing as a high-quality heritage space for commercial and retail tenants. This extensive works touches every aspect of the building to ultimately overlay a aesthetically sympathetic and light touch to the interiors that shows off the buildings story.
Of critical importance to the projects was the heritage approvals and exemption implications, creative problem-solving and coordination between heritage, building certification consultants and the D&C contractor, as well tight budget controls and close management of the programme to ensure a viable outcome.
Construction commenced in June 2020 and the building is scheduled for unveiling in May 2021.